Plan Your Legacy
A Meaningful Gift
When you make an investment in the future of organizations you care about, you can have peace of mind knowing your values will be communicated beyond your lifetime. Whether you begin your giving now or through your estate, the Community Foundation for Monterey County can help you realize your unique philanthropic vision.
You can design a planned gift in many ways that benefit you, your family and organizations that make a difference.
- Make gifts that “give back” to you. Receive a steady income stream with a charitable gift annuity.
- Keep control of your assets during your lifetime while making a gift in your will that provides an estate tax deduction.
- Eliminate tax on capital gains and receive an immediate deduction of full market value with a gift of long-term appreciated stock or securities.
- If you are 70 1⁄2 or older, avoid the penalty created by higher income with a tax-free QCD.
- Leave more for family by making a gift from the most highly taxed assets — avoiding income tax and reducing estate tax with a gift from in your retirement plan assets.
- Make a gift with little cost to yourself while receiving a current income tax deduction by gifting a life insurance policy you no longer need.
NEW: Another ACGA rate increase! Learn how that could mean more income for you.
The CFMC carries out each donor’s wishes so you can have peace of mind knowing your intentions will be honored in the future. With a planned gift, you can partner with the CFMC to make a difference for generations to come.
Vice President of Philanthropic Services